Friday, November 5, 2010

Wonder of wonders, Miracle of miracles!

I set up a blog for my little sister tonight and when I added her to follow my blog all my posts just popped up on her follow stream. It was CRAZY! but I was able to go onto google reader and copied and pasted the whole thing. YAY! So here is a repost of it. No comments unfortunately, but at least it is here.



from The Fast Track to Nowhere by Anndrea
So, if you are anything like me you have been hearing a lot about this new HCG diet.Or maybe you are even on it? I sure have been hearing a lot about it, and it seems it just appeared out of nowhere. It was about 6 months ago when I first was told about it by a friend who had a friend who had a sister who was on it. They claimed she had lost over 30 lbs in just 2 months.. and it was sooo easy.  Well, I am skeptical, and when I was told the key is they are only allowed 500 calories, I made up my mind then and there not to look into it any further.
However I have been hearing even more positive about it in the last few weeks that is making me rethink my initial conclusions. My mother in law's sister is on it for the 2nd time right now and was thrilled to have lost 30 lbs her first 30 day cycle. She also claims she is not hungry at all. I am so unsure of how "not hungry" I would be.. not to mention I am constantly told by Drs and other "experts" that not eating is the worst thing you can do.
I did some research tonight and learned more about the product and what it really does. I found out "HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. It's a naturally occurring hormone-like substance found in pregnant women. HCG basically pulls the stored fat from the mother's body to make sure the developing baby has enough nutrients to develop properly."   The site I got this info from is, of course, trying to sell a product, so if you go there be prepared for a sales pitch. But their information seemed solid and was easy to follow.
I am still not sure what I think of it all. I want to loose this weight so badly. I do NOT agree that it can be done with no exercise. That is just silly, and naive. However, if it really does make the other parts easier.. wouldn't it be worth it??? Then again I am so broke. I really can't bring myself to waste money I do not have on another scam.
I would LOVE to get others opinions, ideas, experiences and vote on where to go from here.

Halloween with out the hicups
from The Fast Track to Nowhere by Anndrea
I think today was good. I walked through a corn maze, didn't down the candy, carved a pumpkin, watched a stupid/scary movie (so not my kind of movie), and had a good time with the little boys.
Feeling good about myself for lack of sugar consumed and amount of movement achieved.. I promptly came home tonight and ate a leftover piece of my death by chocolate birthday cake!

Enuff said.

from The Fast Track to Nowhere by Anndrea
So today I finally started. I have been thinking about this for weeks and talking about it for days. So now here I am at the jumping off point. I am officially 30. My birthday has come and gone and I am now...old. Ok, so not so old, but too old to let my life continue on as it has. Too old to let my goals sit abandoned on the shelf waiting for that ever elusive "better time to start". And deffinately too old to hope some miracle will appear out of thin air and make everything easy for me. So if it will never be easy, then I can only surmise as I continue to age it will in fact only get harder.
Seize the day!  Carpe Diem! The time is now!

Starting today I have takien a picture of myself in all my fat semi-nekked glory. (No you can NOT see it.*hmph* perv!)  I plan to take one of these pictures each day along my journey.  I will talk about my goals, successes, and even failures on here. (Just a heades up, I am a talker and might throw in a few extra thoughts as time passes too.)
My plan is to go along this plan for the next year. My gift to myself on my birthday next year is to be able to see all the pictures I have taken in a stop motion film showing me shrinking.  I want to be a healthier, happier me. 
Any comments, support, and friendship is welcome. If you would like to join me in this endevor, please feel free to join my group, and share your thoughts too.
So, here is to today, tomorrow and whatever may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment